|stretched the front neckline out putting it on a few times|
During my trip to the FabricMart brick and mortar, I picked up this chambray fabric from the resale store and picked up the Holyoke pattern. I typically order PDF so I don't have to retrace every-time I want to make changes, but in this case, I made an exception.
|Great bra coverage|
I made minimal changes to the pattern:
- I cut a straight size 20 with C/D cup bodice and size 20 skirt.
- I added 2 inches to the bodice ( I could have added an inch or a little more than an inch)
- I took in the front princess seams at the armhole edge at size 18 ( I may need to take it in further at the armhole edge by an additional 3/8 inch.
- I shortened the skirt about fourteen inches.
- Cut the elastic a little too short
- I made the placket faux but it was hard getting on and I stretched out the neckline getting on and off.
- I trimmed off 1/8" from the shoulder straps front and back for a total 1/4".
So there are few changes I'd make going forward, I would have to tweak the front princess seams and the back elastic before finalizing. I think I'd make the placket functional only on the dress but the skirt I would make non functioning to prevent gaping at the waist. Because the bodice is so fitted and I have wide hips and wide shoulders it was hard getting it over my head and over my hips, soo yeah, I'll need to figure that out.
I'm planning on making a few more skirts at different lengths and weights of fabrics. and working on how to use my block and patterns in my size to make designs that don't come in my size.