|Weird radiating drag lines toward low hip|
As one of my essentials, a day dress is on the list. I believe dresses are like suits, they are the complete package. This dress was soo comfy and the pattern came in my size so, there's that! I work in a conservative environment and I don't like to fuss with my clothes and when I mean fuss, most times, I mean I don't like to iron LOL. Although there are a few issues with this "wearable muslin" I wore it and it was fine, I understand most wont see any issues. Once I wore this to work, the issues seemed minor. Also, yay for full length mirrors and selfies!
|I added a RTW light weight cardigan for work|
This dress is made from a ponte knit so it's sooooooo comfy and the darts make for great shaping. I made the following adjustments observations:
|Side view, waist darts are past my bust apex and a bit too tight at front thigh|
- I cut size 18 C/D cup but I wanted a little more ease so I added 1/2 " to the side seams.
- I lengthened the back darts, I used my block to get the right size and position.
- I made a broad shoulder adjustment.
- I did a bicep adjustment
- I made my normal forward shoulder adjustment.
- There was some weird tugging at the hip and front thigh so I used my skirt block and discovered the the back and front were different then my block so I had to straighten the hip curve a bit and then adjust the front and back to mimic my body.
- I needed more high hip room (see back picture)
- I pegged the leg an inch front and back.
- The waist darts on the bodice were way too high so those will need to be shorted by at least an inch.
- I added two inches to the bodice and I think I only need an inch or so.
- I trimmed down the facing and basically used it as a binding.
|Needed a little extra in back from waist to hip.|
I purchased a liverpool knit to remake, it has slightly less stretch than the required fabric so I believe I'll give myself just in case seam allowance of an inch to help with fitting. I think this pattern can be easily converted to armhole princess seams, and it can be made with woven with adjustments and a zipper.